Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hail Storm - May 2010




So, I forgot to mention that we had a HUGE hail storm back in May. I have had some people ask about it and decided I should post some pictures. It was a Sunday afternoon. It was so hot and sunny that I decided to go for a run. Andrew as in Edmond doing a baseball lesson. Luckily I run with a mp3 player that also has the option to listen to the radio. While I started out on my run, I realized the weather man reporting on the radio that a storm was on it's way to Oklahoma City. Of course I just kept on running, thinking yea right, it's sunny and hot here. About 8 minutes passed and they were now reporting that hail was going to be moving through the Nichols Hills area (we live on the edge of this area) at 3:45. So, I decided I better just head on home since it was already like 3:25. My luck I would have sprained my ankle running and get stuck out in the storm. I got home and called Andrew who was heading home. Andrew walked in the door and about 7 minutes later the hail came. It happened so fast and it was SO loud and scary. The hail was golf ball to baseball size hail and lasted almost 10 minutes. Since we live in an old house, our cars don't really fit in the garage, so they were outside as well. We ended up having about $8,000 damage to our house and another $16,000 damage to our cars combined. God kept his hand over us and the doggies though, so we are thankful!



1 comment:

Emily Conklin said...

oh my gosh.... i am so sorry! that's crazy! i didn't realize you were out for a run. luckily you guys are safe and not hurt