Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Home, New Job!

Well we are officially homeowners!!! We bought our first home in Oklahoma City(OKC) in June. We are pretty much settled in. For those of you who know me, it did not take me long to get the house all un-boxed and decorated! Luckily, Andrew was out of town that first weekend in the house, so gave me plenty of spare time to get everything unpacked. The house was built in 1950, 3 bedrooms & 1 bathroom. The house was pretty much move-in ready. But of course there are a few projects we want to take on: the bathroom, kitchen, laundry room, and back porch. We love the area as well. We are right on the edge of Nichols Hills...a very old, rich neighborhood. Gives me a very nice walking scenery!

I (Keri....as if you don't know who is actually in charge of this Blog) have also just accepted a new job! I will be working at Chesapeake Energy in their Land Department. Chesapeake is a energy company and they are headquartered in OKC. In the Land Department we deal with all the contract/leases to drill on land. Hopefully one day I am promoted to Land Man...or I guess to be politically correct...Land Person!

Andrew has been busy with Summer Baseball. It wraps up here at the end of July. Then we are heading to Bryan, TX to see my parents and take a little vacation before I start my new job! Andrew had the opportunity to coach Edmond Santa Fe High School's upcoming Varsity team over the Summer. They really have some talented kids and fun to watch! The kids and parents really enjoy Andrew and feel like he has a lot of experience and knowledge and are so proud to have him coaching!

Life is going great and we are excited about all these new and wonderful opportunities that have come our way!

No comments: